Dawn

Dawn

Wednesday, July 07, 2004

I called my insurance company today, to put my daughter on my car policy. Needless to say, I had to cite the policy number and give my name and address. But, as ever in Spain, this wasn’t enough. I then had to provide the number from my identity card. Quite why, I cannot begin to guess. Who is going to impersonate me in order to add my daughter to my policy? In the end, none of it was necessary as the policy already covered any driver over 26.

I don’t know where the UK Home Secretary currently is with his attempts to bring in an identity card – trying the back door method, I think - but , once there is a card, you can be sure that it will be frequently demanded simply because it can be. And because it ‘won’t be worth my job’ not to ask for it. You have been warned.

I am off to the UK for a week. ‘November storms’ await me, apparently. Great.

No comments: