Dawn

Dawn

Thursday, August 05, 2004

First things first - I forgot to post the blog I wrote last night. So, I have just added it, under yesterday's date.

Back in 'real time' - The Gibraltar row rumbles on, with the new President showing more and more signs of the populism than brought him to power in May. And less and less of the statesmanship that is required. I have yet to see any Spanish commentator – and there have been numerous articles in the national and local press over the past few days – show the slightest awareness of the UK government’s real position and of the problems it has in disposing of Gibraltar. Nor does anyone Spanish ever pose – let alone answer – the question of why the people of Gibraltar should be keen to join Spain when they can see two key regions – Catalunia and the Basque country – doing their utmost to break away from it. I mean, if the UK government is prepared to give away Northern Ireland, can anyone seriously believe that it wants to keep hold of Gibraltar. I think I will write to El Mundo.

Today I saw my first 3 year old in a car. And it was strapped in too. Interestingly, it was in a marulo [chav] car. Which reminds me, try http://www.chavscum.com/ for a good, elitist laugh. I see them have beaten me to the punch with a section on chav/marulo cars.

Initial T-shirt findings:-

Mango Adiction [sic]

Affect AND Effect

Gotcha!

Rip. Show. Chaos.

Does Your Mother Know?

One of the problems with this survey is that my ‘distance’ vision is not quite what it was and my gaze is having to linger for a potentially arrestable length of time. So I may bring it to an early end. On the other hand, we are in Spain, where women effectively demand to be looked at. I’ll have to sleep on this.

I’m rather bored with film ‘translations’ so here is the last one:-

Gone with the Wind -> What the Wind Took Away


No comments: