Dawn

Dawn

Saturday, October 09, 2004

Both with my web page and now my blog site, I‘ve noticed that the hits fall to a low level at the weekend. This suggests that most people log on at the office or that they have much better things to do at the weekend than read my ramblings. My [alleged] elder daughter has assured me that it's the latter.

Whatever, it argues for minimal contributions from me today and tomorrow, pending a wave of demand for more. So, briefly, here is a headline for an ad in today’s Telegraph for its section on Personal Finance… Don’t pay inheritance tax when your gone. You wonder why they bother with the first apostrophe when the second, plus an ‘e’, is considered redundant. And you also wonder just how many people the text went through before being printed.

To end on a high note, I did actually achieve an average of more than 10 hits a day to my blog site during the first week of the counter. I thought you’d all want to know your in select company.

And to those of you who went to Manoel’s blog – and even more to those who kindly sent him a message – very many thanks. You have proved the validity of what I told Manoel this week… Yes, it’s true that the people in Britain don’t have any time for you in the street. But they do have time for you in their life. It tends to be the reverse in Spain.

No comments: