Dawn

Dawn

Monday, October 30, 2006

To my not-very-great surprise, Galicians turn out to be the biggest eaters of beef and pork in Spain and the lowest consumers of fruit and vegetables. They also use the most oil in cooking. And rank top when it comes to chocolate and sugar. It’s a surprise any of them get past 60.

I’m a bit busy with visitors at the moment and so finding it hard to read the press that gives me so many of the things I write about. But, with perfect timing, along comes a reader to give me the sort of praise that cheers me up no end. So, instead of just letting it appear as a comment that few might read, I thought I’d let everyone enjoy it. So here it is:-
You’re an asshole
Fucking Galicians
Fucking you and your mother
Bastard

So, probably not the book critic from The Guardian.

Still scraping the barrel, here’s my short monthly list of the most entertaining search terms that brought readers to this blog in October:-
deaf princess leonor
animal brothels
lady accepts chip in Spain
spain hymen [From a searcher in Turkey]

John Dalton was an English chemist and physicist, famous for his research into colour blindness . I mention this because tonight I discovered that the Spanish for this condition is daltonismo. And ‘colour blind’ is daltónico.

No comments: