Dawn

Dawn

Monday, June 23, 2008

Someone asked me the recently whether the mullet hairstyle was making a comeback but I can’t recall whether they meant in Spain or the UK. Anyway, here’s a photo [no. 7] of ex President Aznar which suggests it might be the former. The interesting thing is that Aznar is, I think, an ex tax inspector and not renowned for his rakish ways. Perhaps he has a girlfriend. Or is trying to redeem his youth. Or both.

I touched on British humour the other day. For some reason, I was reminded today of the words on the gravestone of one of its greatest exponents – Spike Milligan. “I told you I was ill!”. Ironically, Milligan was Irish.


Which reminds me of a comment from a real Brit, Lord Salisbury – “The four cruellest yet sweetest words in the English language are ‘I told you so’”.


Galicia Facts


Forecasters say that the increase in summer heat in Spain this year will be felt less here than elsewhere.


Meanwhile, though, the good folk who run the council of ‘the Marbella of Galicia' [Sanxenxo/ Sanjenjo] have announced that the municipality’s budget is 30% down on last year’s. I don’t suppose they’ll be boasting this year of any connection with Marbella. Even less with its neighbour, Estepona.



Is anyone else having difficulties posting to Blogger? Perhaps because of Firefix 3.0.

No comments: