Dawn

Dawn

Thursday, July 17, 2008

Quality of life . . .

This is a brief early post as it has not so far been a great day. The wind, as ever, blew out my boiler, leaving me with no hot water; the washing machine has sprung a leak; and my computer - having decided to switch itself off an on with monotonous regularity - is now in the repair shop. Which wasn't, of course open when I got to it at 9.50, carrying my computer tower. But worst of all, I've just spent almost 2 hours going fom person to person and building to building, all for the privilege and joy of handing over a huge chunk of my money to the Xunta.

The positives of the morning so far are:-
1. The sun is shining,
2. Everyone was very nice to me,
3. No one spoke to me in Gallego, and
4. I had expected it to take 4 hours and not merely 2.

Así son las cosas.

More this afternoon . . . When I have returned to the 21st century.

P. S. I've just discovered here in the cyber café that I've done everything this morning with my flies open . . . . No wonder everyone smiled at me.

No comments: