Dawn

Dawn

Saturday, April 04, 2009

I should, perhaps, point out that the comment at the end of yesterday’s post was a reference back to this sort of article in the British press this week, to the effect that men find it easier to get laid if they’re funny. Which is why every lonely-hearts ad from a man - even a committed psychopath - will claim he has a GSOH. Anyway, I didn’t get any emails. So this will be my last post for a while . . .

Another article which caught my eye in my mother’s (not-purchased-by-me) Daily Mail was one from Tom Utley, picking up on the alleged value to males of having sisters. Or, as he puts it:- “Over the years, I've often thanked my lucky stars I turned out to be such a well-balanced, sociable, cheerful, charming, outgoing, optimistic, capable and - above all - modest sort of fellow. Today, all is explained. My sunny disposition, my gift for coping with problems, my all-round good-eggness - these admirable qualities have little or nothing to do with my genes or my lucky stars. If we're to believe a study published this week, I owe my robust mental health, in 'significant' measure, to the fact that I have two sisters.” Every word of which is as true of me as it is of him. Honest. Well, the two sisters bit at least.

The good news of the day is that my new wing mirror arrived, just in time for me to take it back to Spain tomorrow. So, if you live in Spain and don’t want to pay through both nostrils for a replacement mirror, try Wingmirrorman on the net. He does what he says, at a fraction of the cost.

Talking of cars, I realised today I’ll soon be back to wondering what the driver in front of me is going to do next. And what exactly - if anything - his/her signal means. Swings and roundabouts. Especially roundabouts.

No comments: