Dawn

Dawn

Sunday, June 14, 2009

This is actually yesterday’s post, with apologies for lateness.

I spent the entire day participating in a charity cricket match and its aftermath in Vigo, once - of course - I’d taken my car back to the garage which had relieved me of a prince’s ransom for its repair earlier in the week.

It was a most enjoyable day, even though the ‘International’ team of Brits, South Africans, New Zealanders and, yes, one Spaniard lost narrowly to the Pakistani team which runs Vigo’s Taj Mahal restaurant. Given my spate of bad luck, I’d expected to be seriously injured, especially when I realised we were going to play with a hard ball, without protection of any sort. But, in the end, I only sprained my ankle. And discovered that ‘total sun block’ isn’t.

Having got my car back, driven painfully home, fed a hungry dog and settled down on my sofa to watch the TV Galicia report on the game, I decided to forego hobbling downtown to a wifi café to post this. Which I feel quite sure you’ll understand.

No comments: