Dawn

Dawn

Sunday, November 23, 2014

Weddings and stuff

Well, the wedding of my younger daughter, Hannah, is over and I doubt there was ever a happier bride. She looked truly stunning and there can't be a sliver of doubt she'd have given Grace Kelly a run for her money.

For me it was huge delight to meet friends - young and old - I hadn't seen for 15 to 20 years. I hadn't realised how much I'd missed them. But perhaps they'll now come to visit and taste the real Spain with me.

Special mention must go to young Jack, a friend of Hannah's who excelled himself with a poem of his own devising, albeit in the style of a Mancunian poet I've never heard of.

Favourite moment of many - Hannah corpsing during the exchange of vows. She's always had a keen sense of humour but perhaps this wasn't quite the right moment to indulge it. But the priest was very indulgent.

So now I head back to Spain with my elder daughter, Faye, stopping off in Bristol en route to visit a couple of friends of hers from university. 

And normal service will resume soon, depending on internet access.

No comments: